Tap5050 is the owner of all customer data that has been entered into our system whether that data has come from online or electronic (raffle terminal) sales. As such we take the privacy of our customers very seriously.
With whom do we share your information?
Main Privacy Points:
- Tap5050 will not rent, trade, sell or share your personal information with third party advertisers or marketers. Personal information collected will be used to fulfill ticket orders, provide information on future raffles, provide jackpot and winning number information, contact winners and publicize the names of prize winners.
- We do allow marketing rights to charities if a customer indicates that he/she would like to receive marketing information from a charity. Although the charity can send you a message if you allow it, they do not have access to your email, telephone, credit card, name or any personal information. Tap5050 is the custodian of your personal information and we follow best practices to keep this information safe.
- Tap5050 will market to you directly on behalf of the charity. In this manner we do not disclose your personal information to the charity.
- We limit the amount of information a charity can send you. Even if you decide you want to receive information from the charity, we limit the amount of messages a charity may send you.
- Tap5050 does not retain your credit card information. Your credit card information is protected by stripe.com and a tokenized system is used for transactional purposes. Stripe.com is the only third party service provider we share information with and they are contractually bound to keep your information confidential. By using our services, you authorize Tap5050 to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf.
Passive or indirect information
- Device data. We may collect data from the device and application you use to access services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address. Geolocation is used to ensure you are physically located in the jurisdiction of the raffle.
- Usage data. We may collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Tap5050 website from an external source (such as a link another website) we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
Other Important Information
- Data locations. Our servers are based in Canada, so your personal information will hosted and processed by us in the Candada. Your personal information may also be processed in, or transferred or disclosed to, countries in which Tap5050 subsidiaries and offices are located and in which our service providers are located or have servers.
- Security. Details about Tap5050's security practices are available in our Security Statement.
We are committed to handling your personal information and data with integrity and care. However, regardless of the security protections and precautions we undertake, there is always a risk that your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the internet.